An innovative consultancy specialising in the delivery of custom software solutions for blue-chip enterprise and public sector clients across a range of industry sectors.
We deliver market-leading propositions across the digital, online and mobile channels, and are recognised for our leadership in the application of Agile and Lean delivery methods to assure delivery.
This role is a senior software developer, with proven senior level experience of software development and design.
The Senior Full Stack Developer works with us and client teams on-site, and is expected to mentor and share their skills and knowledge with other developers on their projects.
The Senior Full Stack Developer is responsible for the following:
- Providing technical leadership within their team.
- Consistently delivering to challenging business objectives and adhere to Service Level Agreements with commercial implications for success and failure.
- Demonstrating strong problem-solving skills.
- Utilising Agile Technical practices; TDD, Continuous Integration and Delivery, Pair Programming, etc.
- Introducing Open Source libraries and tools as appropriate to optimise the delivery timescale and quality of the software product.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Java Virtual Machine based environment: Java, Scala, Groovy, Clojure.
- Strong Object Oriented programming skills.
- Service Oriented Architectures: ReSTful, Microservices.
- Experience with version control (Git/Github, Mercurial).
- You will have been involved with all aspects of software delivery and lifecycle, from inception phase to delivery.
- You will have solid experience working on bespoke built enterprise OO applications.
- You have successfully applied Agile/XP/Scrum practices and introduced Agile techniques and you may have coached teams to apply them effectively, thanks to your outstanding Agile expertise and communication skill.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills, good verbal and written communication.
Why work for this client?
They aim to be a special place to work – somewhere that is genuinely a community, not simply a company.
Their purpose is to enable talented grown-ups to truly be themselves as they collaborate on the most interesting, challenging work of their careers.
Five-star working conditions
They’re proud to have our working culture voted as one of the best in the UK in the 2020 ‘Glassdoor Top 20’ (but are focused on creating a great culture wherever we work!)
This approach has helped them to be recognised as a particularly flexible, satisfying place to work; Glassdoor rates them as one of the UK’s best employers for work-life balance.
Work with the best, for the best
Their work is varied and covers the entire spectrum of modern IT – everything from digital transformation programmes for major government departments to award-winning mobile apps for renowned brands like O2. The common thread is a need for faster, more flexible software
Other Perks for working for us in South Africa
- Remote Work
- Great leave benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Profit Share
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org