Here’s an opportunity to work with an innovative consultancy specialising in the delivery of custom software solutions for blue-chip enterprise and public-sector clients across a range of industry sectors. We deliver market-leading propositions across the digital, online and mobile channels, and are recognised for our leadership in the application of Agile and Lean delivery methods to assure delivery.
This role is a Senior DevOps/Operability Consultant, to facilitate continuous delivery of quality software using DevOps practices and principles. The role requires a broad cross-section of skills along with a strong consultative approach. It is working with the team and clients on-site to ensure that the right practices are in place and to take the lead on automating as far as possible.
This is a hands-on role, actively pairing to share knowledge and increase the delivery team’s maturity around Operability.
The following skills and experience are required:
- A background utilising DevOps practices to enable Continuous Delivery.
- Collaborative skills – being open to pair programming and working closely with Developers in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Scripting language or coding experience (Including bash and one other language).
- A strong technical background in build, release, and environments, with experience of CI tools like Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and/or Windows.
- Ideally Experience in Docker, Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc).
- Infrastructure provisioning tools e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure ARM.
- Strong automation skills, including experience with unit testing and automated testing tools.
- Proven ability to design and support robust build, deployment, and configuration management systems for multi-tier JVM & .Net applications (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt).
- Understanding of telemetry practices (monitoring, graphing, alerting, anomaly detection).
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS).
- Expertise with software build tools.
- Experience in running software in production.
Why work for this client?
They aim to be a special place to work – somewhere that is genuinely a community, not simply a company.
Their purpose is to enable talented grown-ups to truly be themselves as they collaborate on the most interesting, challenging work of their careers.
Five-star working conditions
They’re proud to have our working culture voted as one of the best in the UK in the 2020 ‘Glassdoor Top 20’ (but are focused on creating a great culture wherever we work!)
This approach has helped them to be recognised as a particularly flexible, satisfying place to work; Glassdoor rates them as one of the UK’s best employers for work-life balance.
Work with the best, for the best
Their work is varied and covers the entire spectrum of modern IT – everything from digital transformation programmes for major government departments to award-winning mobile apps for renowned brands like O2. The common thread is a need for faster, more flexible software
Other Perks for working for us in South Africa
- Remote Work
- Great leave benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Profit Share
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com