Here’s an opportunity to work with an innovative consultancy specialising in the delivery of custom software solutions for blue-chip enterprise and public-sector clients across a range of industry sectors. We deliver market-leading propositions across the digital, online and mobile channels, and are recognised for our leadership in the application of Agile and Lean delivery methods to assure delivery.
The client are expert agile practitioners, combining technical excellence and business pragmatism to deliver simple bespoke software solutions to big business problems.
They offset delivery risk by trusting only talented, highly experienced people to employ relentless quality processes and a “zero tolerance” attitude to defects. They make heavy use of open source technology wherever possible, which dramatically lowers total cost of ownership for their clients. By leading by example and grounding everything they do in concrete software deliveries, they are able to bring their experience to bear, helping large organizations through their digital transformation.
This role is a Delivery Lead with extensive commercial experience in delivering enterprise solutions software development and design experience.
The Delivery Lead will be working with an on-site client team, and will be expected to mentor and share their skills and knowledge across the existing client developers.
The Delivery Lead is responsible for the following:
- Deliver software development projects using Agile development methodology
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning and demos
- Ensure agile processes are followed and work with the teams to help them adopt the process that works best for the team
- Ensure project teams are practising the core principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Support the development managers and project leads as necessary
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower the teams to self-organize
- Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible
- Adapt project plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout pilot projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks
- Stakeholder management
- Risk and issue identification and management
- Dependency management
- Communication to the team and outside of the team
- Alignment with other customer projects and initiatives
- Delivery lead stuff; live and coach the Campany’s values, reporting progress to EE management and the client, understanding client expectations and delivering against them
- Working with engagement managers to set up and correctly size the team
The following skills and experience are required:
- Very strong technical background either as a Business Analyst, Software Developer, Quality Analyst or Project Manager
- Involved with all aspects of software delivery and life cycle, from inception phase to UAT and delivery
- Lead teams who delivered successful enterprise software development projects, most of which will have been working on bespoke built enterprise OO applications (ideally Java and C#)
- Successfully applied Agile/XP/Scrum practices and introduced Agile techniques and have coached teams to apply them effectively, thanks to your Agile expertise and outstanding communication skills Experienced in the role of Delivery Lead
- Proficient in managing scope in an Agile project and facilitating the user story lifecycle in close collaboration with the customer/Product Owner, including breaking down complex requirements into independent user stories, capturing detailed acceptance criteria, building a release plan with user, managing the backlog, running showcases
- Ideally experience of running distributed teams and distributed agile
- Experience in software development projects.
- Flexible in working practices
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills including exceptional client facing/consulting skills
- Will have your own opinions about how to build great software and be prepared to defend them
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com