Here’s an opportunity to work with an innovative consultancy specialising in the delivery of custom software solutions for blue-chip enterprise and public-sector clients across a range of industry sectors. We deliver market-leading propositions across the digital, online and mobile channels, and are recognised for our leadership in the application of Agile and Lean delivery methods to assure delivery.
A Data Engineer working for our client, is skilled at creating data pipelines for ingest, transformation and storage of data usually at scale, and familiar with standing-up analytics clusters.
Our engineers use modern agile technical practices including Continuous Integration and Deployment, TDD, XP etc. to deliver timely and pragmatic solutions as well as helping others to do their jobs in a more effective way.
The skills we’re looking for:
- Significant experience working on Data pipelines, platforms and projects.
- Experience working in one or more of the main cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Significant experience of developing solutions in some of SQL (+ variants), Python, Scala, Java.
With experience in:
- working with a variety of RDBMS databases, ideally in production environments
- creation and support of highly available data pipelines:
- Using ETL platforms and/or coded equivalents
- Using scheduling tools and/or familiarity with working in streaming environments
- Ensuring reliability and availability
- working with other data storage and processing technologies including:
- Document databases
- Graph databases
- Columnar databases
- Working with configuration control (Git/Github, Terraform, ansible etc.) and CI/CD tools.
- Understands and can support data scientists or business intelligence teams- data prep,
- mentoring and support functions.
Why work for this client?
They aim to be a special place to work – somewhere that is genuinely a community, not simply a company.
Their purpose is to enable talented grown-ups to truly be themselves as they collaborate on the most interesting, challenging work of their careers.
Five-star working conditions
They’re proud to have our working culture voted as one of the best in the UK in the 2020 ‘Glassdoor Top 20’ (but are focused on creating a great culture wherever we work!)
This approach has helped them to be recognised as a particularly flexible, satisfying place to work; Glassdoor rates them as one of the UK’s best employers for work-life balance.
Work with the best, for the best
Their work is varied and covers the entire spectrum of modern IT – everything from digital transformation programmes for major government departments to award-winning mobile apps for renowned brands like O2. The common thread is a need for faster, more flexible software
Other Perks for working for us in South Africa
- Remote Work
- Great leave benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Profit Share
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com